Alright you little bakers, last week I talked of flourless peanut butter cookies & that it’d be easy as vegan too.
This week is not for the allergic! Peanuts, wheat, sugar oh my!
Here’s a good crunchy cookie:
*1 1/4 c all purpose flour
*1/2 tsp baking soda
*1/2 tsp salt
*1/2 c room temp butter (1 stick)
*2/3 c lightly packed generous light brown sugar
*1 tsp vanilla extract
*1 1/4 c peanut butter (your choice; crunchy or smooth)
1. Sift flour, soda, salt together in a small bowl.
2. In your mixer cream butter & sugar until light & fluffy.
3. In a smaller bowl whisk egg & vanilla together. (Use a fork if you like) slowly blend egg mixture into the butter mixture. Stir in peanut butter & blend throughly. Mix in dry ingredients until well distributed.
4. Chill 30 minutes until firmmed. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray 2 cookie sheets. In rounded tsps place balled dough 3 inches apart. With a lightly floured fork*** press into the dough & form a crisscross pattern. Cookie should be ~2 inches in diameter.
5. Bake until lightly browned or 12-15 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes before transfering to a wire rack ro cool. Once cool place cookies in an air tight container, zippy bag, or in your mouth.
*** if you want to be different use a cut bottom glass lightly dipped in sugar or flour. If you don’t have one try flea markets & resale shops for cheap, chunky cut glasses. Starbursts, swirls, wheat, ect.