Here’s my soft molasses cookie recipe, I used a King Arthur Flour recipe & modified as I needed.
I also used the correct procedure of measuring in ounces – a lot more accurate. I made two batches & it worked wonders to use a food scale.
2 c (8 1/2 oz) all purpose flour
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cardamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
5 Tbsp (2 1/2 oz) unsalted butter softened
1/2 c (6 oz) molasses -Briar Rabbit
1/2 c (3 1/2 oz) sugar
1/3 c (2 1/2 oz) rum – I accidently used brandy, but that worked out fine. 🙂
1. Mix first 7 (dry ingredients minus sugar) items together in a medium bowl
2. Cream butter, sugar & molasses until melded. Scrape sides as needed.
3. Alternate adding dry mix & rum into the creamed mixture. Leave the mixer going on low as everything is added. As soon as it is scraped together turn off the mixer.
4. Scoop ping pong to golf ball sized of batter onto parchment paper placed on cookie sheets. Parchment paper was much better base than foil for sliding perfect cookies off.
6. Cool cookies completely. Store in air tight containers or ziploc bags!