Things I’m thankful for this season:
- A job. While it’s not always my favorite, it’s steady, meets basic needs, provides insurance and sick/vacation time.
- A dog who always greets me with a wag and a smile.
- Family that still likes me. Even with all the trials.
- Friends who’ll kick in a little here and there when things get tight.
- A church that never shuts the doors on me, even when I don’t do the right thing.
- A house over my head and clothes on my back.
For God has sent his son to die, wrapped in swaddling and myrrh; to experience the worst of human nature to bring out the best in human nature.