Archive for category restaurants
Got asked to go attend a good truck fun night at a local elementary school. I could not pass up the chance.
Specialty grilled cheeses & specialty hot dogs.
We ordered the Turkey Trot grilled cheese & the Maui Wowi Hot dog.
Things are definitely changing in the fancy food truck world!
Have you ever eaten from a food truck? Favorite truck?
In honor of the bajillion students swarming Denton this week I’ve dedicated all three posts (starting with last Sunday) to things about Denton. This edition of Tasty Tuesday will be some of my favorite local restaurants.
I’ll include the local address as well as a short description & price.
$= you can snag a full meal under 5$
$$= between 5-10$
$$$= 10-15$ on average a nice date place
$$$$= where you fancy date in denton
1. Ravelin Bakery (416 S Elm)- breakfast muffins (the good kind), pastries and breads. Snag a cookie just not on Mondays or Sundays! $
2. Cafe Loco (603 N Locust)- breakfasty & brunchy & so hip you’ll feel like a true Dentonite! $
3. Old West Cafe (1020 Dallas Dr)- a heartier breakfast/lunch does not exist! $-$$
4. Cups & Crepes (309 Fry St)- breakfast/brunch in a charming old house with cozy nooks for napping and munching before class. Thu-Sun only, it’s also a bed n breakfast! $
5. El Guapo’s (419 S Elm St)- local TexMex with large portions, variety & “the handsome one!” Easily enough food to take half home. $-$$
6. Fera’s (1047 W Oak St)- italian close to UNT, it’s had two names & homestyle italian on a budget! Massive garlic rolls, you might just each them all. $-$$
7. Luigi’s (2317 W University Dr #C3)- located off Bonnie Brae & University, these true Italian owners give Fera’s a run for their money! With big tv’s watching ‘futbol’ Luigi’s has space & taste. $-$$
8. J&J’s Pizza (118 W Oak St)- not your everyday pizza joint, they serve deep dish pizzas as deep as those hispters’ V-neck tees. They also make you dig deep for the green. $$$-$$$$
9. Metzler’s BBQ (628 Londonerry or 111 E University Dr)- where German BBQ has found a spot in local Denton! If you love beer variety, they’ve got it! $$
10. Denton County Independent Hamburger Company (113 W Hickory st or 715 Sunset St)- where the burgers are fresh & the true burgerr grease is evident in every delicious bite. This is not vegetarian friendly… $-$$
11. Abbey Inn (101 W Hickory)- probably the #1 real nice date local restaurant (followed by #12) here. Tasty & above ground smoke free, you might break out in wee lil man voice. $$-$$$$
12. GreenHouse (600 N Locust)- the only real vegan/vegetarian friendly restaurant on my list. Think upscale & healthier American food that tastes super-dee-duper delicious. $$-$$$
13. Yummy’s (210 W. University)- greek food in the tiniest building possible & so legit it makes you sprout long curly mustaches & have an uncontrollable desire to run 26 miles …naked. $-$$
14. Sweet Basil (1800 S Loop 288 #224)- small, clean Thai restaurant where two can split two appetizers, a massive fried rice course & squeak out at barely $$$. Eat it! $$-$$$
15. Siam House Thai (209 W Hickory)- a Thai off the square, it’s a local hotspot for that real Chinatown feel or dark works, authentic owners & the possibility to buy knock off Louis Vuitton bags. $$
16. Mr. Chopsticks (1633 Scripture St)- edible asian cuisine with a hipster vibe keeps Mr. Chopsticks flooded with vegetarian & wannabes who can’t stop eating the calamari. Call for to go & bicycle on down from UNT & go thru the drive-thru to be a true hipsta-sian. $-$$
My top 16 in no real order than by food types. There are plenty of non local awesomes but while in Denton do as the Dentonites do- eat our local chow!