Posts Tagged cheap
This is the digital age, or so my alarm clock tells me. It means pre perked coffee pots, morning texts from SnuggleBear, & booking travels by mouse clicks.
There are plenty of travel discount sites as I can tell from all the commercials my DVR lets me skip. Such as Shatner’s priceline.com, the gnome’s travelocity.com, the bad dancers from hotels.com & the creepy dumb commercials (the pupil dilation was freaky) from Kayak.com.
Airlines like to add their 2¢ with remarks that they don’t offer lower flights anywhere but their own sites (*ahem* American Airlines & Southwest).
I don’t get to travel often, easy job & dog limit my times, but two sites/apps I adore aren’t listed above, but below!
How many of you know of Groupon’s travel deals? They offer so many places! If you poke around you even run across offers in your own city place, perfect trips for affordable & fun staycations. Some of the international trips include airfare, mainly down in the islands of sand & sea.
My fun app when driving is Hotel Tonight. If you’re traveling on spur of the moment or just planning a mini trip within a days drive, look here first! They’re expanding cities with service often, & the deals are made available at noon CST. You can book rooms at slashed prices for that night or more at better costs! I even got a $25 credit for getting the app & for any friend I recommend who books a stay somewhere.
Travel is expensive, frustrating at times, & a nightmare to organize. Thankfully, well run travel sites & apps can lower the stress & save a little green along the way.
What app or travel discount site do you love?
I post that in jest… but actually, in all seriousness…
I’m not sure how many times my mother has uttered this statement… but it’s been said at least once. She didn’t bite Barbie heads, but I think she used the lock on the door to keep herself in not to keep us out.
So if your Mom is anything like my mom, the thing she treasures most is her sanity. I’ve got a few things that could reboot her sanity (and keep you from taking out a second loan).
How to Keep Mom Happy (AND YOU DEBT FREE):
- Buy a webcam and set up video chatting, that way your mom can avoid the embarrassment of video recording herself trying to call you
- Digitize all her photos that way she can order reprints of your first bath for your boyfriend’s viewing when he comes over for Memorial Day festivities.
- If she’s a recipe hound help her set up all her recipes on her phone or computer through some creative apps and websites to make it easier on her for those last minute items.
- Plan a Picnic in the backyard, give Dad the grill and spread a blanket. Offer up a word of Thanks and a wand of bubbles for Mommy & Me time.
- For a little more adventurous time, grab an inner tube, grab your Mom (Sunblock too), pack an ice chest, and head to the River and share favorite moments you’ve had with her.
- Plant a tree or bush and have a small plaque done up in love for her.
- Make little gift goody bags to celebrate her the whole week, an item (such a rubber ducky with a poem about how she’s the one for you), a note & simple I love You.
- Spend the day reading around the bookstore (like Barnes & Noble) picking favorite books, pictures, and gaggle at image books.
- Make a homemade rice bag heating pad. Buy a little lavender, get a nice, NON USED tube sock, fill with uncooked rice/lavender, tie in a knot, and let mom enjoy a soothing back heater whenever you next stress her.
- Go Karaoke, and give a Tribute to Your Momma with some funky Motown Classics, or ham it up with some Dion or Houston.
- Plan a big tea party for multiple moms and collaborate with her best friends so that you and their kids can toast Moms everywhere.
- Arrange for dance lessons, and if they run a little high for your budget, rent a video from the library. Then once skilled, take her out for a spin.
Young Kid Gifts:
- Coloring page coupons for free hugs, no tear room clean ups, booger free dinners, or dress up nights.
- Make a crown and scepter, and pronounce her Queen for a Day, and all commandments were to be said in Queen Mommy Says…
- Have the adult cut out a door hanger, or buy a foam one at Hobby Lobby/Michael’s and have decorate so Mom can claim silent time.
Just remember, tell her you love her and that you appreciate all she does, ALL YEAR ROUND.
On traveling Thursday today I’m giving info about a place I’m about to day trip over to – The Fort Worth Botanical Gardens.
They look real pretty in the spring & through Easter are having a butterfly exhibit. So, of course, I’m going to attend! What started out as a fun escape on the Saturday before Easter with friends has turned into a single attendee, but nonetheless, I plan to enjoy the solitude & snap some photos.
I’ll pick up with photos from the exhibit & details on how they react to Groupons being used for park entry next Thursday April 12.
On April 19th I’ll be posting on the Ft. Worth Science Museum.
Adults are $10
Seniors are $8
Children are $6
Tickets are sold for specific 30 min intervals from 10A-4P
3220 Botanic Garden Blvd
Fort Worth, Texas 76107
See ya there!