Posts Tagged children
As our little ones gear up for the coming of Christ, we were visited by the angel Gabriel as he spoke great words to Mary. Oh how soothing this all is to know the story of Christ’s arrival is so anticipated by our smart first & second graders!
Proverbs 17:6 NIV84
Children’s children are a crown to the aged,
and parents are the pride of their children.
May my father know how much I love him because he is the pride of me & my sister with his dedication & strength & honor.
Happy father’s day y’all.
I post that in jest… but actually, in all seriousness…
I’m not sure how many times my mother has uttered this statement… but it’s been said at least once. She didn’t bite Barbie heads, but I think she used the lock on the door to keep herself in not to keep us out.
So if your Mom is anything like my mom, the thing she treasures most is her sanity. I’ve got a few things that could reboot her sanity (and keep you from taking out a second loan).
How to Keep Mom Happy (AND YOU DEBT FREE):
- Buy a webcam and set up video chatting, that way your mom can avoid the embarrassment of video recording herself trying to call you
- Digitize all her photos that way she can order reprints of your first bath for your boyfriend’s viewing when he comes over for Memorial Day festivities.
- If she’s a recipe hound help her set up all her recipes on her phone or computer through some creative apps and websites to make it easier on her for those last minute items.
- Plan a Picnic in the backyard, give Dad the grill and spread a blanket. Offer up a word of Thanks and a wand of bubbles for Mommy & Me time.
- For a little more adventurous time, grab an inner tube, grab your Mom (Sunblock too), pack an ice chest, and head to the River and share favorite moments you’ve had with her.
- Plant a tree or bush and have a small plaque done up in love for her.
- Make little gift goody bags to celebrate her the whole week, an item (such a rubber ducky with a poem about how she’s the one for you), a note & simple I love You.
- Spend the day reading around the bookstore (like Barnes & Noble) picking favorite books, pictures, and gaggle at image books.
- Make a homemade rice bag heating pad. Buy a little lavender, get a nice, NON USED tube sock, fill with uncooked rice/lavender, tie in a knot, and let mom enjoy a soothing back heater whenever you next stress her.
- Go Karaoke, and give a Tribute to Your Momma with some funky Motown Classics, or ham it up with some Dion or Houston.
- Plan a big tea party for multiple moms and collaborate with her best friends so that you and their kids can toast Moms everywhere.
- Arrange for dance lessons, and if they run a little high for your budget, rent a video from the library. Then once skilled, take her out for a spin.
Young Kid Gifts:
- Coloring page coupons for free hugs, no tear room clean ups, booger free dinners, or dress up nights.
- Make a crown and scepter, and pronounce her Queen for a Day, and all commandments were to be said in Queen Mommy Says…
- Have the adult cut out a door hanger, or buy a foam one at Hobby Lobby/Michael’s and have decorate so Mom can claim silent time.
Just remember, tell her you love her and that you appreciate all she does, ALL YEAR ROUND.
When you see FTW do you think text slang ‘for the win’ or like I, you think of your dear memories in FTW… Fort Worth Texas. 🙂
That’s what I thought, you were totally thinking Fort Worth. Especially if you’ve read the last two weeks on Travelin’ Thursdays (Butterflies & More Butterflies). I had the opportunity to visit the Ft. Worth Museum of Science & History, which amazingly, was a block and a half from the Botanic. My friend is the lovely Stargirl of the lab. She got me in the museum & I got to sit backstage for a few star shows hosted there. I also snuck around taking a few photos of the area.
This is a perfect place to take your kids. No joke.
I adored it, and even though I’m not considered a kid (still AT heart!) I had a blast. Scroll a few and come out for the rest of the show!