Posts Tagged girls
But is better off with Patience!
My friend & I tried somewhere new last week. While I wish I had chosen a better day for me (blood donors can not drink for 24 hours!) I still enjoyed the experience.
Groupon as I have said before makes me so happy. There was awhile back a Groupon for paint n sip in my town, so naturally I had to buy it! It was a twofer special & I knew exactly which friend I wanted to bring. Our schedules were at odds until the last day possible (pretty much the story of my life) & so the date was set for a Tuesday. I had sangria chilling & visions of blue paint daubs floating overhead that morning. Then I donated blood, which I do not regret but wish I had thought through, and the chilled bottle of sangria flew out of the figurative window. So did my boxing workout sadly enough. (Another Thursday post there.)
We went to our painting studio snugly tucked down one of our many one way streets. The owner & shop namesake Patience, introduced herself & let us choose our work stations. If you have never attended a paint n drink place (e.g. G’nosh, Painting with a Twist, Tipsy Doodles etc) let me give a brief sketch of the layout: You pay for a two-three hour class that includes paint, smock, canvas, tutelage, brushes & bottle opener. They then show you step by step how to achieve something you can hang with pride & joy & happy tree-lessness. While your teacher is not guaranteed to have a qualifying fro, they will be able to help you succeed. Plus, the more you drink, the awesomer you are!
Patience taught us how to make our seas roll in & our beach chairs bright while her husband got us fresh rinsing chairs & more paint.
An enjoyable session & it had my friend thinking of ladies night dé arte in the near future. If you think this would be great fun for you & your friends, I suggest you look for paint n sips near you!
I post that in jest… but actually, in all seriousness…
I’m not sure how many times my mother has uttered this statement… but it’s been said at least once. She didn’t bite Barbie heads, but I think she used the lock on the door to keep herself in not to keep us out.
So if your Mom is anything like my mom, the thing she treasures most is her sanity. I’ve got a few things that could reboot her sanity (and keep you from taking out a second loan).
How to Keep Mom Happy (AND YOU DEBT FREE):
- Buy a webcam and set up video chatting, that way your mom can avoid the embarrassment of video recording herself trying to call you
- Digitize all her photos that way she can order reprints of your first bath for your boyfriend’s viewing when he comes over for Memorial Day festivities.
- If she’s a recipe hound help her set up all her recipes on her phone or computer through some creative apps and websites to make it easier on her for those last minute items.
- Plan a Picnic in the backyard, give Dad the grill and spread a blanket. Offer up a word of Thanks and a wand of bubbles for Mommy & Me time.
- For a little more adventurous time, grab an inner tube, grab your Mom (Sunblock too), pack an ice chest, and head to the River and share favorite moments you’ve had with her.
- Plant a tree or bush and have a small plaque done up in love for her.
- Make little gift goody bags to celebrate her the whole week, an item (such a rubber ducky with a poem about how she’s the one for you), a note & simple I love You.
- Spend the day reading around the bookstore (like Barnes & Noble) picking favorite books, pictures, and gaggle at image books.
- Make a homemade rice bag heating pad. Buy a little lavender, get a nice, NON USED tube sock, fill with uncooked rice/lavender, tie in a knot, and let mom enjoy a soothing back heater whenever you next stress her.
- Go Karaoke, and give a Tribute to Your Momma with some funky Motown Classics, or ham it up with some Dion or Houston.
- Plan a big tea party for multiple moms and collaborate with her best friends so that you and their kids can toast Moms everywhere.
- Arrange for dance lessons, and if they run a little high for your budget, rent a video from the library. Then once skilled, take her out for a spin.
Young Kid Gifts:
- Coloring page coupons for free hugs, no tear room clean ups, booger free dinners, or dress up nights.
- Make a crown and scepter, and pronounce her Queen for a Day, and all commandments were to be said in Queen Mommy Says…
- Have the adult cut out a door hanger, or buy a foam one at Hobby Lobby/Michael’s and have decorate so Mom can claim silent time.