Posts Tagged hope
So, this may not be considered spiritual but some but in this video I see God. There is a purpose for every being, every child, every human. Could you imagine a world where we all treat life as precious, no matterthe difficulty in communication? We are fearfully & wonderfully made, knitted together in our mothers womb. God knows all the hairs n our head & the days of our lives before we’re even conceived. How glorious is the Lord of Hosts?
The Book of Jeremiah is written about captivity in Babylon, & how false prophets were attacking the people with the wrong type of hope, false insecure hope. Jeremiah tells the people God’s true purpose here:
Jeremiah 29:11-13 NIV84
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
When you seek after God he will distinguish the true hope from the lies Satan names as his hopes, because God only seeks to bless you in eternity more.
I post that in jest… but actually, in all seriousness…
I’m not sure how many times my mother has uttered this statement… but it’s been said at least once. She didn’t bite Barbie heads, but I think she used the lock on the door to keep herself in not to keep us out.
So if your Mom is anything like my mom, the thing she treasures most is her sanity. I’ve got a few things that could reboot her sanity (and keep you from taking out a second loan).
How to Keep Mom Happy (AND YOU DEBT FREE):
- Buy a webcam and set up video chatting, that way your mom can avoid the embarrassment of video recording herself trying to call you
- Digitize all her photos that way she can order reprints of your first bath for your boyfriend’s viewing when he comes over for Memorial Day festivities.
- If she’s a recipe hound help her set up all her recipes on her phone or computer through some creative apps and websites to make it easier on her for those last minute items.
- Plan a Picnic in the backyard, give Dad the grill and spread a blanket. Offer up a word of Thanks and a wand of bubbles for Mommy & Me time.
- For a little more adventurous time, grab an inner tube, grab your Mom (Sunblock too), pack an ice chest, and head to the River and share favorite moments you’ve had with her.
- Plant a tree or bush and have a small plaque done up in love for her.
- Make little gift goody bags to celebrate her the whole week, an item (such a rubber ducky with a poem about how she’s the one for you), a note & simple I love You.
- Spend the day reading around the bookstore (like Barnes & Noble) picking favorite books, pictures, and gaggle at image books.
- Make a homemade rice bag heating pad. Buy a little lavender, get a nice, NON USED tube sock, fill with uncooked rice/lavender, tie in a knot, and let mom enjoy a soothing back heater whenever you next stress her.
- Go Karaoke, and give a Tribute to Your Momma with some funky Motown Classics, or ham it up with some Dion or Houston.
- Plan a big tea party for multiple moms and collaborate with her best friends so that you and their kids can toast Moms everywhere.
- Arrange for dance lessons, and if they run a little high for your budget, rent a video from the library. Then once skilled, take her out for a spin.
Young Kid Gifts:
- Coloring page coupons for free hugs, no tear room clean ups, booger free dinners, or dress up nights.
- Make a crown and scepter, and pronounce her Queen for a Day, and all commandments were to be said in Queen Mommy Says…
- Have the adult cut out a door hanger, or buy a foam one at Hobby Lobby/Michael’s and have decorate so Mom can claim silent time.
Just remember, tell her you love her and that you appreciate all she does, ALL YEAR ROUND.
I read an article on how every couple no matter the monetary value of the couple should sign prenupitials because it’s safer and more practical for the chance that it will fail.
I facebook posted the article in disgust and surprise that our world has gotten to where it’s not just for non believers but believers as well.
I have heard that the current divorce rate is higher than the marriage rate and that second marriages end in divorce twice as much as first marriages. So to better protect our separate interests, we should all get prenups. I’ve never heard something so ludicrous in my life. Prepping your marriage for failure is the best way to guarantee it’s failure. If you go into the marriage with the option of getting out without a fuss or mess then you’ll get out cleanly alright, and it’ll be quicker and less painful because you never made the effort to cleave to your spouse in the first place.
I got a lashing from people who have had their parents or themselves go through a divorce. They all speak of how great that prenup could have helped them recover. But as they speak from hindsight, they speak from pain of a divorce. They ridicule my hope in the Father that if I go through a divorce (as I pray to not) that he will hold me and sustain me because my hope in the man I call mine has failed me to the point of destitution.
I hope that those who love the Lord can trust in his provisions not in the provisions that encourage divorce.