Posts Tagged star
When you see FTW do you think text slang ‘for the win’ or like I, you think of your dear memories in FTW… Fort Worth Texas. 🙂
That’s what I thought, you were totally thinking Fort Worth. Especially if you’ve read the last two weeks on Travelin’ Thursdays (Butterflies & More Butterflies). I had the opportunity to visit the Ft. Worth Museum of Science & History, which amazingly, was a block and a half from the Botanic. My friend is the lovely Stargirl of the lab. She got me in the museum & I got to sit backstage for a few star shows hosted there. I also snuck around taking a few photos of the area.
This is a perfect place to take your kids. No joke.
I adored it, and even though I’m not considered a kid (still AT heart!) I had a blast. Scroll a few and come out for the rest of the show!
Okay, Julia Child is NOT making me list. I’m sorry, livers and Frenched sea bass au grais? Hm… doesn’t sound all that appealing, and all that work! Pah! I think I’ll stick with good food guys, the ones who actually make something I’d like to eat and probably could make without boiling a cat and skinning my own fish. Who made my list? Who made yours?
Compare against the following Top 10 People who’s food I’d actually eat… and cook:
- Alton Brown – There’s nothing more awesome than learning why my cheese is so cheesy, and how to make it into the perfect grilled cheese, fats and all. He puts the chef in geek!
- Bobby Flay – Yeah, he’s a bit spicy for me, but he cooks homestyle and his show was called Boy Meets Grill, I give him 90s credit!
- Duff Goldman – His cakes are really cool… could I make a carousel cake that spins and has more mechanical parts than edible? Probably not, but is watching him set himself and his team on fire really cool? Yeah, yeah I think so.
- Lisa Lillien – She makes healthy seem fatty. It’s great. Hungry Girl is every girl’s secret weapon against the evils of grease. And carbs.
- Pat & Gina Neely – The most adorable, lovey dovey couple they could find cooking southern fried foods of deliciousness. Nothing else needs to be said.
- Paula Deen – I think this lady is super great. If I make any of her recipes, I must buy 2 lbs of butter. Minimum.
- Rachel Ray – She’s a bit too perky. She’s also a bit too cutesy (Unlike the Neely’s) with sammich and other adorable names for food that I’d rather just call by their real names. But her food normally sounds easy and delicious, so I have enough grace to allow her short comings.
- Ree Drummond – She’s the lady in charge of the wildly successful blog Pioneer Woman. I stole her lemon crumble bar and call it my own. I hope she never finds out, she can out shoot me! She also lives just north of the Red River and might hunt me down.
- Sunny Anderson – I’d eat her stuff, but I’d be more likely to make her stuff to spice up my regular food and impress my friends.
- Justin Wilson – Pronounced Just-ton Wheel-sun, the great half Cajun comedian, grandpa (he looks like a great grandpa), crazy cook, and best of all, he never seemed to measure anything, it just magically was the right amount and he garonteed that every episode had just as much humor as roasted and flambeed gator.